Have you led a Program Management Office before? Are someone that likes to provide large scale, global solutions? Do you want to influence Amazon's customers on a daily basis? If you answered yes, please read on.
The Customer Returns team manages a best-in-class online returns program for our customers worldwide. From t-shirts to refrigerators, if a customer buys it online at Amazon we provide customer returns. We are looking for a Senior Manager, PMO who will focus on improving the customer experience on our desktop and mobile platforms. You will need to interact with most areas of Amazon to create easy to use, self-service options to resolve customer issues.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individual who thrives on solving tough problems. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work closely with business stakeholders and technology teams to develop automated solutions for complex problems globally. This opportunity requires excellent analytical, problem solving, and communication skills. If you have demonstrated an ability to innovate for the customer and want to create the best in the world returns experience, then come join our team.
• You will drive worldwide projects with customer-facing and financial impact.
• You will own strategic programs serving millions of customers.
• You will work with multiple teams from a variety of different functions including product development, design, transportation, finance, customer service and public relations.
• You will be the customer advocate to internal teams related to the returns experience.
What you will do:
• Turn customer feedback on pain points into innovative solutions to eliminate the pain points.
• Work with teams across Amazon to identify opportunities to improve and ensure all teams are working together to achieve the best solution for customers.
• Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
• Drive policy change or improvements that ensure the best customer experience and lowest cost for Amazon returns
• Communicate to senior leaders through white papers on the status of returns programs, escalations and benchmarking projects.
• Drive product development efforts including writing complete and detail-oriented product requirements documents and ensure clear communication of those requirements to the business, design, usability and development teams
• Create and manage schedule to deliver new worldwide solutions.
• Collaborating with design, engineering, usability and program management teams both within customer service and across the company to test and launch self-service returns features accessible anywhere and anytime.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 6 years of experience in program or product management.
• People management experience
• Bachelor's degree
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results on technical projects
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously
• Strong written communication skills; this role will require the creation of content such as whitepapers and other written deliverables
• Proven ability to create innovative solutions to solve real customer problems.
• Proven ability to think strategically and execute tactically.
• Proven ability to drive and manage multiple, competing priorities and projects with urgency in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is required.
• Demonstrated strong attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications
• Demonstrated experience presenting to senior leadership
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • 8 years of experience
• Experience managing consumer-facing products in e-commerce
• Experience with agile or other program management methodologies
• Experience in a customer service organization
• Experience communicating with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple business units
• High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
• Extensive experience in product, program, and/or project management in leading cross-functional teams in delivery of major new products or services.