Sr. Manager, Voice Product Management
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Senior Manager of Voice Product Management which includes management of offerings including promotions, sales tools and ancillary functionality as well as
participating in new product development. Responsible for achieving yearly revenue and profitability targets through strategic initiatives, sales channel and
product team interactions. Voice experience preferred.
- Candidate must collaborate and provide leadership and direction to a wide range of organizations in areas such as: overall product performance, market needs
assessment and decisions, product roadmaps, profitability decisions, and escalated issue resolution.
- Responsible for setting and implementing the strategic product direction for their respective product(s) to enable growth and maximize profit.
- Manage and modify complex product(s) within the Business Markets Group portfolio. Determine and maximize product(s) position relative to market needs,
competitors' product positioning, and relations to other product families within the company.
- Work with key stakeholder & supporting organizations across the entire company including: Operations, Technology Management, Provisioning, Process,
Network Implementation, Sales Operations, IT, Development, Customer Service, Billing Network Engineering and Planning.
- Internalizes and represents the Voice of the customer throughout the product lifecycle. Coordinates across other functional areas to secure buy-in to deliver
on the defined end-to-end customer experience.
- Proactively collaborate with other organizations to reach consensus on product programs and initiatives to support retention & efficiency of the portfolio they
- Be the internal and external communications SMEs (Spokesperson, webinars/seminars, white papers, collateral, sell sheets). This includes providing
expertise on the product suite they manage in multiple forums including customer engagements, sales effectiveness/training events, industry events/forums,
analyst reviews, PR/media, process teams, other business units, product teams, and senior management.
- Manage revenue and segment income accountability (planning, budgeting, variance analysis and trend analysis) for product(s) generating $1.0B
average annual revenue (based on the life cycle and market availability of the product set). Negotiate and foster P&L decisions including establishing
and negotiating Long Range Plans, negotiating cost decisions, provide recommendations on pricing decisions, and setting profitability/margin targets.
- Responsible for the formulation, implementation and life cycle management of assigned product(s) for customers.
- Support corporate business development by providing guidance on key growth areas and inorganic growth opportunities.
- Provide comprehensive 4 Ps approach to product line oversight, ensure business efficiency including pricing coordination, process work, product
placement, marketing promotion coordination, technology refresh, and underlying costs basis management.
- A Product Manager must hold themselves accountable to their approved business case and manage to it versus actual performance. This would
include intensive post-launch metrics of performance to validate product assumptions and assess success/failure. In addition, Product Managers
must implement a means to quickly course-correct (offer, process, price) if metrics show adjustments are warranted.
- The position requires that candidate gather data and assess appropriate implementation and management of product features and capabilities to
maximize revenue and margins and align with the overall corporate strategy including how their product(s) align with the other products in the larger
- Assists in budgeting and variance analysis of product's unit and financial performance, with goal of identifying opportunities and risks.
- Drafts and manages requirements, and other supporting business documentation (such as use cases, possibly M&Ps [methods and
procedures], executive summaries, etc.).
- Leads concepts defining an end-to-end customer experience and expected full lifecycle costs.
- Manage change requests. Validates downstream deliverables and final offering (business acceptance testing).
- Senior Product Managers are expected to manage large scale multi-faceted highly technical programs.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work
nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Generally requires 8-11 years related experience
Minimum of 5 years telecommunications / Voice experience.
- Proven track record demonstrating ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external parties.
- Understanding of fundamental financial performance reports and sales metrics.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Strong communication (oral and written), analytical, decision making, negotiating, time management, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio) applications.
- 3 to 5 years program and/or product management experience.
- Experience with Broadworks / Broadsoft VoIP platform.
- Experience with SONUS and Acme Packet based VoIP networks.
- Exhibits a strong sense of urgency, makes fact-based decisions quickly and efficiently.
- Experience with business market segment including understanding of customer needs.
- Strong and effective communicator across the business to drive continuity
- Drives creativity and productivity by displaying a positive, can do attitude
- Thrives in a fast paced environment.
- Has an extreme passion and commitment for driving the business.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Website : http://corporate.comcast.com
Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The Cable Communications segment offers video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand name. This segment also provides business services, such as cellular backhaul services to mobile network operators; Ethernet network services; and online advertising services. The Cable Networks segment operates national cable networks, which provide entertainment, news and information, and sports content; regional sports and news networks; international channels; and cable television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Broadcast Television segment operates NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, NBC and Telemundo owned local broadcast television stations, and broadcast television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, acquires, markets, and distributes live-action and animated filmed entertainment under the Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and Illumination names. This segment also develops, produces, and licenses stage plays, as well as owns digital media properties. The Theme Parks segment operates theme parks; studios; Island of adventures; and a dining, retail, and entertainment complex. Comcast Corporation was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.