Requisition Number: SS-12479
Area of Interest: Information Technology
Brand/Division: Shared Services
Position Type: Full-time
Principal Product Manager, Digital Shopping Experience
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager to join our growing Digital Product Management team in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role
You will be a key member of the Digital Product Management team that is responsible for conceptualizing, designing and delivering the online customer experience and marketing data innovations that drive Williams-Sonoma Inc.'s industry leading digital business.
As a Principal Product Manager, you will shape the strategy and drive delivery for our digital shopping experiences across WSI brands. This is an exciting opportunity to help build visually immersive, high converting digital shopping experiences and design tools. You will work with amazing peers, emerging technologies such as AR and VR, and deep resources to help push the boundaries of digital innovation.
The right candidate will have a strong technical and analytical foundation, years of related experience with product strategy and delivery for customer-facing brands, a strong sense of ownership, and excellent communication style across different audiences.
* Provide a strong degree of thought leadership, and develop the product vision and roadmap for our digital shopping experiences across WSI brands
* Drive new, immersive design tools using 3D modeling and AR technologies to support our Design Crew program.
* Research market and industry trends and perform competitor product analysis.
* Lead the definition, prioritization and scoping of initiatives, using all available data and resources to guide decision-making.
* Serve as a liaison between Business and Technology teams to ensure digital solutions meet expectations and provide customer value.
* Collaborate with Technology partners and subsidiaries to drive execution and iterative delivery of initiatives. Craft business requirements and user stories.
* Support cross-functional business teams by answering questions, making recommendations, providing training and guiding user acceptance testing
* Socialize a clear view of priorities and progress against product roadmap with business partners and senior leadership
* Measure product performance using qualitative and quantitative strategies.
* Assist in constantly improving the Digital Product Management team.
* Perform other duties as required.
We believe this is an exciting opportunity, working on initiatives of significant opportunity and scale. You'll be in the middle of the action - eCommerce and Marketing is at the core of WSI's growth (52% of company sales) and will continue to fuel our success.
You will have the chance to work at the pace of a start-up with the resources of a $5 billon company. We want you to bring creative ideas to the table and work with our teams to execute them to completion.
We have an outstanding product team with a history of success and a great reputation within our company. We get to work closely with great brands and tackle interesting problems with technology. And we have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
Of course, we pay a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package. And we get an awesome discount on products from all our brands.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements and qualifications
We're excited about you because...
* You have at least seven years of Product Management experience in technology organizations, leading digital shopping experiences for consumers with increasing levels of responsibilities.
* You identify as a product person and are passionate about building great customer experiences.
* You are well-versed in the evolution and emerging trends of digital shopping experiences
* You have a proven ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate new ideas with partners across the organization.
* You have stellar communication skills and an uncanny ability to lead and influence others.
* Ideally, you have experience in multi-channel retail, and experience with native mobile and Augmented Reality applications
* You have a point-of-view about how technology teams should engage to iteratively deliver value for the customer (ideally with Agile methodologies).
* Quality is important to you and that is evident in all that you do.
* You have strong analytical abilities and interest to use data and metrics to back up recommendations, prioritization and drive actions.
* You have a strong drive towards execution; you're a can-do type of person and willing to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
* You have strong social skills and shown ability to work with different teams harmoniously.
* You have a Bachelor's degree or more in Business, Marketing, Computer Science or Engineering. An equivalent combination of related education, training and experience will be considered -- we care more about your work experience than what you did in college.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.