Cameron Craig Group
$1 - $1
Product Line Manager – Excitation
Job Summary: Our client is a leading manufacturer of products supporting the global power industry. The Product Line Manager’s (PLM) role is to identify, develop, and market products for the assigned Product group (global generator excitation and controls markets). The products introduced will be of benefit to our Customers and increase market share and Company profit levels. Lead the overall marketing process that includes market analysis, development of product strategies, product innovation, and profitability analysis. The PLM will complete internal and field research to position our products to succeed and the company as a market leader. The position will work with other internal departments, including Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Finance.
• Identify and lead the efforts for new product development or enhancements to existing products.
• Conduct market research in order to identify and develop products and/or services that meet the needs of our Customers.
• Develop domestic and global product and market strategies with the team.
• Develop global pricing strategy and implement product pricing.
• Launch assigned products to the global market place.
• Measure product performance including market share, revenue, and profitability.
• Provide regular reports on product quality and product life cycles.
• Routinely complete cost reduction reviews of the product line.
• Develop and maintain a market-forecasting model for each product.
• Responsible for setting specific product forecast quantities used in the inventory planning system by Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Production planning. Ensure proper inventory levels to support the forecast.
• Plan and execute promotional and advertising programs in conjunction with the company’s Corporate Marketing group.
• Attend key trade shows to acquire competitive and market intelligence.
• Collect, organize, and maintain data on our competitors and their products. Present this data to Supervisor and others as directed on a regular basis.
• Monitor field experience and recommend design improvements as required.
• Ensure all relevant product information is easily available to Customers and internal staff.
• Identify and implement steps to ensure Customers an industry leading experience for the assigned product line.
• Provide product training for domestic and international sales personnel and representatives.
• Travel up to 30-40% as required. The position may require 2-3 international trips per year.
• Complete other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Marketing or Technical field.
• Solid working knowledge of Generator Excitation and Controls and markets or other technical field.
• Five to ten years’ experience of combined sales, marketing, and product management.
• Understanding and previous experience with new product development launches.
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft® Office.
• Proficiency with Microsoft® Project preferred, but not required.
Cameron Craig Group
Website : http://www.cameroncraig.com/
The Cameron Craig Group is an executive search firm representing job openings in virtually every industry and job function across the country. We combine the efforts of over 1200 recruiters throughout the US. Together, we represent thousands of job openings and enter dozens of new jobs per day.