Amazon.com is seeking an experienced Product Manager to identify, build, and maintain features that support our physical Textbook Rental business - an innovative service that has helped millions of students access lower cost course materials.
The successful candidate is a general athlete that can scale across both front-end customer experience and operations/supply chain. Responsibilities include collaborating with technical teams to drive development and maintenance of critical systems, building and communicating business requirements based on feedback from student customers and internal/external stakeholders, and building and removing waste from operational processes. The ideal candidate should be highly proficient in extracting insights from large datasets and able to distill complex inputs into tangible opportunities for the business. They must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means they are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but also roll up their sleeves, dig in and lead from the front. Maturity, sound judgment, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance, Economics, or related quantitative fields.
• Experience working cross-functionally (engineering, ops, customer service, etc.).
• Analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
• Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
• Strong attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • MBA or other Master's Degree in a quantitative field.
• Experience managing customer-facing products, preferably in e-commerce.
• Experience in experimental design and A/B testing.
• Experience manipulating and extracting insights from large data sets using SQL, Python, or R.
• History of teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done.