Love working with data? We have the team for you! The Alexa Data Services (ADS) organization provides data creation, curation, and analytics services to help develop, test, and train the Alexa AI. We work closely with internal customers like Machine Learning Science modeling teams, providing the critical data they need to improve Alexa's Automatic Speech Recognition and Natural Language Understanding models and domain features. We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
The Alexa Science and Machine Learning team made the magic of Alexa possible, but that was just the beginning. Our goal is to make voice interfaces ubiquitous and as natural as speaking to a human. We have a relentless focus on the customer experience and customer feedback. We use many real-world data sources including customer interactions and a variety of techniques like highly scalable deep learning. Learning at this massive scale requires new research and development. The team is responsible for cutting-edge research and development in virtually all fields of Human Language Technology: Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Natural Language Understanding (NLU), Question Answering, Dialog Management, and Text-to-Speech (TTS)
As a Sr. Product Manager for Alexa Data Services (ADS), you will use a combination of outstanding leadership, analytical skills, cross-functional thinking, business judgment, and strategic thinking to build a comprehensive solution to meet the data needs of Alexa. You will work closely with Scientists, BIEs, Data Specialists, Program Managers, Product Managers from partner teams and Alexa Country teams. You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast-paced, dynamic business environment, operating in all levels of the organization. You will accomplish this by understanding our technology and our customers in order to set the strategy and business models for ADS. This is a leadership position that requires a fair amount of ownership.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • • Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
• 5 years of experience operating, managing, and delivering results in a consumer-facing software product management role
• 3 years of experiences in translating customer needs into business and product requirements
• Experience having ownership of deliverables for analytics or leading data-driven large-scale product features.
• Experience defining new product features according to customer needs and iterate quickly based on test & learn experiment
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • MBA or Master's degree
• 7 years of experience working on Internet-scale web services for customers, designing and implementing advanced applications for consumers and third-party partners
• Experience with advanced applications with artificial intelligence, natural language understanding, and/or machine learning technologies
• Experience in delivering technology products/services in a high growth environment, with a demonstrated ability to translate customer needs into business and product requirements
• Must be able to think strategically and act tactically.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, solve problems, scope technical requirements and prioritize project work.
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills are critical to success in this position.
• Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager / owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive; demonstrated ability to have fun and inspire team members to enjoy work, be action-oriented and stretch their imagination.
• Successful history of shipping innovative products
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills, ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
• Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation