Date: Feb 8, 2018
Location: Southlake, TX, US, 76092
Req ID: 18861
Job Family: 5257
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
Director Product Management - SabreSonic APIs/Micro Services/SDK (MK******USA)
Sabre Airline Solutions is seeking a leader to drive strategy and product management for a suite of solutions in the SabreSonic area.
The Director will own the API/Micro Services/SDK Solutions and will be responsible for the planning and execution of the long-term strategy, definition and prioritization of the product roadmap, and for driving the go-to-market plan. This individual will also be accountable for developing strategic partnerships to expand the solution footprint as needed. This position relies on close interaction with product marketing, technology, product architects, delivery, and key customers. A strong technical product management and API background is required.
* Own the P & L for SabreSonic API/Micro Services/SDK solution areas
* Responsible for establishing the long-term vision and growth strategy for SabreSonics API/Micro Services/SDK solutions
* Understand the market opportunity, customer needs, and competitive actions to define differentiated products
* Drive the definition and execution of the roadmap, rationalize current product capabilities relative to investment and the annual product plan, define release plans, and manage prioritization based on knowledge of the product vision line of business strategy
* Identify and establish strategic partnerships to expand the solution footprint
* Manage and lead of team of product managers to define detailed requirements and to support the strategic product direction for the development teams, including epic and user stories, and user and customer acceptance test criteria
* Regularly engage with customers, prospects, and launch partners to validate and refine requirements and show case iterative demos
* Liaise with delivery and customer care to ensure understanding of product enhancements and support expectations
* Monitor new technology trends and identify areas of innovation relative to distinct competencies and market /business needs
* Plan and execute the go-to-market strategy including which markets to sell, pricing, positioning, and messaging for this product portfolio
* Identify customer and internal KPIs, track impact of product investments relative to those KPIs, and rationalize roadmap relative to results
Qualifications and Other Traits:
* Strong background with API/Micro Services/SDK technologies and technical background required
* Proven track record in the API/Micro Services/SDK technology space defining and driving product lines and product profitability
* Background and familiarity with Sabres API ecosystem (CSAPI, JSAPI, OTA XML, REST, JSON, USG, 2SG, SSG) beneficial but not required
* Minimum 10 years experience working with enterprise software, preferably in Product Management
* Bachelors degree, preferably in a technical field (MBA preferred)
* Experience working in a team-oriented, highly collaborative environment is essential
* Minimum 5 years leadership experience driving process and business practice improvements
* Strong leadership, communication, and presentation skills
* Strong business acumen, critical thinking, and analytical skills
* Resourceful, action-oriented individual who possesses a sense of urgency and knows how to overcome obstacles to get things done in a timely fashion
* Self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and has a proven ability to operate well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
* Strong commitment to excellence, integrity, and transparency
At Sabre, we are fortunate to have the resources of a large company paired with the culture of a startup. Our company culture includes casual work environments, employee amenities, flexible work arrangements, and exceptional learning opportunities. And, you will be surrounded by intelligent team members who you will be proud to call your peers.
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabres Employee Relations Department at ****************************
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Manager, Developer, XML, Testing, Project Manager, Management, Technology
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.sabre.com/
We are a global travel technology company serving the world’s largest industry — travel and tourism. We provide software to travel agencies, corporations, travelers, airlines, hotels, car, rail, cruise and tour operator companies through our four businesses.