U Brands, LLC
Sr. Product Design Engineer (PDE)
San Juan Capistrano, CA
Creativity is the fundamental organizing principle of our business and our brands. We conceive & deliver innovative branded products to all retail channels throughout a rapidly growing range of home and office goods. Our success is the byproduct of a continual flow of imaginative thought, fearless leadership, retail support & quick action. We think fast, design fast and we’re growing fast.
We’re proud of our sunny SoCal design studio’s openness in structure and workflow. Our talented studio creates designs in plastic, metal, ceramic, wood, fabric, and concrete. We guarantee to stretch your problem solving talent.
You’re a multi-talented engineer with 7 years of hands-on product development experience in high-volume, consumer products. You’ve developed sensitivity for ‘design intent’ and you work well with designers. You have a stellar sense of mechanical intuition, creative problem solving, attention to detail, and understanding of price sensitive manufacturing.
Solidworks is your jam, and you’re looking for a creative environment to apply your surfacing skills. You’d love being responsible for engineering from concept-through-launch for our wide range of home and office products. Team members can look to you and your experience for guidance throughout the entire design and execution cycle.
You have an eye for craftsmanship. It’s your instinct to notice when the fit-and-finish is just a little off. You can quickly document these qualities even in a rushed pre-production debug process.
As a key member of the U Brands team you will be expected to quickly ideate and bring creative concepts into reality within a fast passed streamlined production oriented company. Each day will bring a different product challenge. We won’t let weighty, process-strategies slow our flow of imaginative thought and quick action.
Please apply if ‘U’ are Awesome, want to help further establish our home-goods brand name, and truly desire to make your Users' smile.
Note: We have an immediate need and will require job candidate to cover own relocation expenses and be available to work in-house quickly. Non-citizen applicants must hold work visa.
• Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
• 7 years of work experience in consumer product engineering field with diverse manufacturing process knowledge.
• 7 years of professional Solidworks modeling experience (solids and surfaces).
• DFM experience with injection molding and metal: extrusion, casting, die-cutting.
• 5 years experience in creation and delivery of quote packages.
• 5 years experience in support of sampling, Q.C. reviews, and manufacturing.
• Excellent communication skills, visual and verbal (English proficiency required).
• Demonstrated ability to act as technical liaison with overseas vendors.
• Excellent understanding of consumer goods materials and manufacturing processes.
• Strong attention to detail, sensitive to designer intent, and passionate about style.
• Experience in working with manufacturing vendors to refine assembly and process to ensure product meets design specification, functional, and visual criteria.
• Skilled at detailed sample evaluation, pre-production reviews, and debugging follow-ups.
• Able to multitask, adapt & quickly apply feedback to well built parametric models.
• Ability to work collaboratively with business owners, designers, or independently.
• Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and meet deadlines.
• Humility and a positive attitude.
• Strong computer skills including; Solidworks and Microsoft Office. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Keyshot a plus.
Please submit a resume and a portfolio that shows your excellence in engineering and Solidworks modeling. Please keep your portfolio under 5mb or provide a link. Due to the volume of eager applicants we can not guarantee a reply to every applicant.
Learn more here:
EOE (Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled)
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
How To Apply