The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.
This individual will have profit & loss responsibilities for standard auto and homeowners lines of business in a multi-channel environment in an assigned geography. The Assistant Product Manager will be accountable for developing and executing a strategic vision that enables long-term profitable growth of his/her market. This leader will also assist in developing and executing countrywide channel strategy supporting our AARP, Agency, and/or Affinity channels.
* Accountable for delivering top line growth and bottom line profitability across all distribution channels in assigned state or states.
* Work with product analyst resources to drive business results, comply with state specific standards, and maintain state compliance and competiveness regarding policy forms and coverage.
* Ownership of state rate and rule manuals including DOI filing creation and support.
* Effectively utilize a network of reliable, efficient working relationships with other departments including countrywide product, research, underwriting, claims, service, marketing communications and other areas that support the business to monitor market dynamics and lead efforts to make changes to business offerings and processes. .
* Countrywide Project/Business Initiative commitment of 10–15% of time.
* Travel – 10%
* Bachelor's degree preferably in business with superior academic performance; an MBA preferred.
* Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of five years' experience in Personal Lines product, pricing and/or underwriting.
* Strong technical / analytical skills using SAS and advanced Excel
* Previous product management experience preferred
* Ability to think and act strategically; planning for the long term while balancing the short-term needs of the organization.
* Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills, with thorough attention to detail.
* Excellent organizational, planning, documentation and problem solving skills.
* Strong project management skills and drive-for-results mentality, with the ability to multi-task and make decisions in a business context.
* Solutions-oriented individual, with ability to think strategically and implement change.
* Strong critical thinking and organizational skills.
* Excellent problem-solving, negotiation, analytical and research skills
* Responsible for ensuring the planned intent of products are yielding appropriate results. Research is coordinated cross-functionally to include any necessary changes.
* Financial Results
* An independent thinker as well as a challenger/advocate to ensure the soundness of product and pricing.
* A team player with experience building strong relationships both internally and externally, and with a strong sense of self-initiative and desire to succeed.
* Ability to develop immediate credibility in unfamiliar environments; including agency partners, affinity prospects, regulators, senior leaders, and cross functional project teams.
* Negotiation skills to resolve differences while maintaining positive working relationships.
* Proven leadership, influencing and negotiation skills in a highly matrixed environment.
* Proven ability to cultivate an active network of highly visible external relationships in order to meet business and strategic goals.
* Able to effectively and independently conduct competitor analysis & gain an in depth understanding of market dynamics including competitor UW initiatives, rate level analysis, forms analysis as well as economic trends & emerging issues in the market.
* Demonstrated knowledge of state laws in order to make decisions regarding key issues & to identify opportunities to affect legislative change. Develop & sustain productive relationships with state regulators.
Behaviors at the Hartford
* Deliver Outcomes – Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
* Operate as a Team Player – Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
* Build Strong Partnerships – Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
* Strive for Excellence – Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression
The Hartford Financial Services Group, Inc.
Website : http://www.thehartford.com
The Hartford is in business to protect what is most valuable to customers—their homes, cars, businesses, income, and employees. We help individuals and businesses prepare for the unforeseen with insurance and income protection so they can prevail through loss, accident, or disability.