Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world's water challenges. The Company's products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company's more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at ****
Come join a winning team providing technology solutions to protect water resources for all generations. Check out our Mission: Water Magazine to view inspirational stories of determination, curiosity and discovery –and how great advancements are being made to better understand and protect our environment.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Assistant Product Manager. The Assistant Product Manager is responsible and accountable for partnering with the Product Manager for the development and execution of product line strategy and strategic marketing plans in order to promote accelerated growth of Analytics Process Monitoring Instrumentation in the Americas. This includes providing product marketing support to customers, the sales organization and marketing teams to help build brand awareness and increase revenue for the Xylem Analytics YSI, MJK and OI process product lines. Additional duties will include forecasting product sales, performing analytics to support the manager's reporting responsibilities, interfacing with technical support to resolve customer issues, assistance with content development and delivery, and working with internal teams to ensure on-time delivery of high-quality products.
* Provide analysis and insights into the municipal wastewater and drinking water process monitoring and control markets to help position and promote Xylem Analytics products. Product lines include online wet chemistry analyzers, online water quality sensors, mag meters and level devices all with various networking and communications options.
* Maintain competitive analysis and price list for the product lines.
* Generate and help with content to support the sales and marketing activities – videos, catalogs, emails, application notes, price lists.
* Maintain updated information in sales and marketing systems.
* Assist with marketing campaigns – both content generation and execution.
* Keep sales, marketing and other company personnel informed about all competitive activity and potential new business opportunities.
* Keep sales, customer service, tech support, repair and other company personnel informed about product changes and updates
* Communicate brand and product value proposition to customers and selling partners via content creation and presentations – emails, articles, webinars
* Generate content to supports marketing campaigns that promote brand awareness and generate leads/opportunities – technical tips, case studies, sales presentations, videos, webinars, etc.
* Provide feedback and conduct market research, including voice-of-customer exercises, for product line improvement and new product ideas/definitions.
* Assist with launching new products.
* Maximize customer awareness of our products and services. Be champion for customer with internal teams
* Maximize the business potential for North America by identifying and fostering relationships with key customers and associations.
* Report monthly on content creation, customer engagement, product line performance and opportunities.
* Full understanding of the product line capabilities, value proposition and technology to be able to clearly communicate that to our customers and selling partners.
* Provide second level tech support to our customers, selling partners and front line tech support teams.
* To keep the sales team informed of marketing initiatives and activities
* To attend relevant exhibitions, seminars, meetings and training courses as required.
* To accept other tasks as necessary that are assigned by the Product manager or other managers.
* Mastery of internal tools used for forecasting, tracking orders and shipments, and analyzing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial performance.
* Up to 25% travel required.
* Requires B.S. degree in a Science area, Engineering or Business.
* Computer experience using PC based platforms
* Strong oral and written communications skills.
* Ability to give in person presentations to 50 to customers and potential customers at conferences, industry trade show, company sites and customer sites.
* Computer experience using PC based platforms. Proficient in Microsoft office. Adobe creative suite (InDesign) and video editing software preferred.
* Well organized, self-motivated and the ability to learn independently.
* Customer focused: proven ability to work constructively with customers.
* Highly adaptable to change, as Xylem is a rapidly growing, publically-traded enterprise.
* Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
* Ability to meet designated deadlines.
* Any equivalent combination of acceptable training and experience.
Preferred but not required:
* Product management experience
* Background in municipal water, systems integration (PLC, SCADA), Science or related work with process instrumentation preferred but not required.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
* Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
* Travel 25%
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
* Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
* Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours