Location: WA, US
PACCAR is a Fortune 500 company established in 1905. PACCAR Inc is recognized as a global leader in the commercial vehicle, financial, and customer service fields with internationally recognized brands such as Kenworth, Peterbilt, and DAF trucks. PACCAR is a global technology leader in the design, manufacture and customer support of premium light-, medium- and heavy-duty trucks under the Kenworth, Peterbilt and DAF nameplates and also provides customized financial services, information technology and truck parts related to its principal business.
Whether you want to design the transportation technology of tomorrow, support the staff functions of a dynamic, international leader, or build our excellent products and services, you can develop the career you desire with PACCAR. Get started!
Kenworth Truck Company is the manufacturer of The World s Best heavy and medium duty trucks. Kenworth is an industry leader in providing fuel-saving technology solutions that help increase fuel efficiency and reduce emissions. The company s dedication to the green fleet includes aerodynamic trucks, compressed and liquefied natural gas trucks, and medium duty diesel-electric hybrids.
This position is responsible for process improvement in the areas of Safety, Quality, Production, and Material activities at the plant. This individual drives the identification and elimination of defects in the plant and field by making sustainable improvements through data mining and coordination of activities.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
* Investigate, propose, and implement improvements to processes that help change Safety, Quality, Productivity, and Material performance.
* Ensure that improvements are successfully implemented and sustained through development of standard work instructions, desk procedures, and training.
* Actively engage in and support quality improvement, cost reduction, warranty reduction, Six Sigma, internal audit, and other plant initiatives.
* Plan for and support implementation of new products necessitated by design changes into the production areas.
* Develop and implement procedures to track problem resolution and communicate results.
* Coordinate follow-up and integration of action items across all responsible organizations, including Production, Engineering, and Materials.
* Actively participate in a quality-focused production environment.
* Review Electronic Data Collection (EDC), Warranty, and Product Quality Index (PQI) issues and participate in root cause analysis and corrective action.
* Provide coverage for the Production Manager role as required.
* Effectively support other functions as directed by the Production Manager.
* 4 Year College degree in business, engineering, or related field prefered.
* 3 years of experience in Manufacturing preferred.
* Working knowledge of continuous improvement tools and methodologies, training and experience in use of Six Sigma tools a plus.
* Strong communication, customer service, documentation, organization and analytical skills.
* Ability to train others on improvement concepts.
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Effective conflict resolution skills.
* Ability to drive continuous improvement and get results.
* Proficient in using MS Excel and PowerPoint.
* Demonstrated understanding of production systems.
* Must be a team player and able to multi-task.
* Strong project management skills.
Additional Job Board Information
PACCAR is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disability.
Job Segment: Engineer, Industrial, Manager, Project Manager, Production Manager, Engineering, Manufacturing, Management, Technology
Kenworth offers services across the U.S. and Canada that are designed to keep your truck in top condition, on the road and on time for your next destination. Simplify your life--take advantage of the following services specifically designed for your needs, when you need them most.