As companies move their apps and infrastructure to the cloud, they encounter a new set of security challenges. Okta is committed to helping our customers solve these challenges by providing strong and adaptive authentication solutions, and visibility into threats that may be affecting their organization. We believe that companies should be more secure in the cloud than they were on premise, and we are building the products that will deliver on that vision.
Okta s adaptive MFA uses adaptive, risk based approaches combined with a set of strong authenticators to provide the right level of security, at the right time. We are looking for a strong senior product leader with a technical background, good business sense, and ability to partner closely with engineering, user experience, and product marketing teams to deliver a highly secure and highly usable experience with the Okta platform. Okta s AMFA business has grown tremendously over the last several years, and as the product leader, you will be in charge of continuing that growth and the leadership of Okta in the product category.
As Product Manager for our Adaptive MFA product at Okta, you will help keep millions of users accounts secure from hackers with our elite authentication solution. Your primary responsibilities include:
1 - Driving The Roadmap For Adaptive MFA: You will be responsible for the roadmap for adaptive multi-factor authentication. You understand the competitors and where the market is going, and formulate a compelling vision of the product.
2 - Passionately executing: You live and breath delivery. You collaborate with engineering and UX to ship features that delight customers and put us ahead of the competition.
3 - Deeply Understanding Customer Challenges: You are the evangelist for MFA. You care deeply about making sure our customers are as secure as possible. You regularly engage with customers to understand their challenges.
Experience developing market-leading enterprise products is strongly desired. Strong functional experience in identity management, strong authentication solutions, or security analytics is a major plus! Success in this role will require an ability to understand customer requirements, define our strategy, and work across Okta to ensure delivery of a compelling product.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Roadmap and Vision:
* Set product strategy and direction for our adaptive MFA product
* Define the execution roadmap
* Evangelize your vision to the engineering team, sales team, and customers
Feature Delivery and Execution
* Work with your scrum team to delivery features on-time, on-target
* Regularly ship features that unlock key use cases
* Collaborate with design to spec experiences that delight customers
* Prioritize rigorously across a number of product investment areas
* Not afraid to get into the weeds to define features and experiences
* Engage with customers to deeply understand their security challenges
* Understand challenges to deployment and usability around strong authentication solutions
* Stay close to customers during beta programs and ensure that feedback is incorporated into the product
* Work with technical marketing and sales to deeply understand the competitor landscape
* Keep your finger on the pulse of market changes and understand where trends are heading
Go to Market Collaboration
* Collaborate with product marketing to support creation of messaging and content, and define the go-to-market plan for existing and new offerings
* Inform pricing and packaging changes based on your subject matter expertise
* Collaborate on content creation to launch new features
Own the Product
* Customer success focused thinking: always working to unblock sales and help customers through issues
* Responsive to supporting the field on critical asks and customer needs
* Build an elite MFA product
* Bachelor s degree
* Strong knowledge of defining security products for enterprise IT
* Experience across the product management lifecycle for enterprise products or services
* Excellent communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
* Strong leadership skills and presence
* Track record of successful delivery of company-critical projects
* 6 years of industry experience. 4 years of product management or related experience
* Advanced degree or Masters of Business Administration
* Knowledge of enterprise security products and services
* Knowledge in identity or access management
* Experience with developing multi-tenant SaaS services
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is an enterprise grade identity management service, built from the ground up in the cloud and delivered with an unwavering focus on customer success. With Okta IT can manage access across any application, person or device. Whether the people are employees, partners or customers or the applications are in the cloud, on premises or on a mobile device, Okta helps IT become more secure, make people more productive, and maintain compliance. The Okta service provides directory services, single sign-on, strong authentication, provisioning, workflow, and built in reporting. It runs in the cloud on a secure, reliable, extensively audited platform and integrates deeply with on premises applications, directories, and identity management systems.