Punch Studio is a leading Home, Gift & Stationery product supplier for thousands of specialty retailers worldwide. We create high quality, beautifully designed and giftable products that bring delight to peoples everyday lives and homes. We are a privately held company headquartered in Culver City, CA looking for passionate leaders to join our growing, vibrant team!
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Product Manager is responsible for the sourcing, development and quality control of physical products for Punch Studio programs, including giftware, stationery, decorative storage, wall dcor, etc. With strong communication skills, both orally and in writing, the Product Manager acts as a liaison between the Sales, Design, and Purchasing departments to communicate product parameters, advise on particular product specifications and pricing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Design new products based on customer requests and sample shopping.
* Conduct market research to determine technical specifications, product packaging, construction, embellishments, etc.
* Determine target prices, total landed costs, factory costs and analyze comparative values of similar products.
* Identify how to accurately reflect brand quality and value in a new product, ensuring customer value and satisfaction with product.
* Collaborate with the Sales department to establish program timelines, define product development deliverables and key deliverables dates with factories.
* Work with vendors to ensure conformity with product specifications, quality and production timelines.
* Direct department needs for seasonal customer buying meetings, including managing deadlines, working with Sales and Design to define sample needs, and requesting and tracking samples from factories.
* Coordinating with internal departments, customers and factories in a project management capacity to ensure approval deadlines are met. Trouble-shoot possible creative/development/approval delays.
* Coordinate with factories to determine manufacturing process of new items and to determine costing and design capabilities.
* Maintain final costing, final sell price, final specs, and bought/available status of developed products.
* Partner with cross-functional teammates to brainstorm for new programs, problem-solve, and meet deadlines.
* BFA in Product Design or related field.
* 5 years of experience in product management including market research, costing, product packaging, production, manufacturing and merchandising.
* Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
* Working knowledge of production timelines
* Ability to work with multiple departments to solve problems.
* Ability to accurately enter a high volume of data into worksheets.
* Ability to fix problems, multi-task, and to execute under pressure.
* Ability to understand new concepts quickly and apply them accurately in a fast-paced, evolving team environment.
* Ability to effectively communicate to different levels of management both orally and in writing.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
* Competitive compensation
* Paid vacation, holidays and sick time
* Benefits plan including medical, dental and vision
* Retirement and profit sharing
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?