Towers Crescent (12066), United States of America, Vienna, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Senior Director, Enterprise Product Design
We're seeking a strong design leader who's passionate about discovering and scaling new digital products that dramatically change people's experience of banking. You be part of the Enterprise Design leadership team, collectively responsible for creating human-centered experiences that both bundle and unbundle the capabilities of Capital One to create value that scales. This role specifically focuses on partnering with product and tech leaders to unlock the value of our digital platforms—in payments, identity, authentication, and more—to serve customers and partners in new and differentiating ways.
You'll be joining as the design leader and partner to a team with a track record for new innovative digital products. Their hit list includes Capital One's Wallet app and the Eno assistant browser extension that create virtual credit card numbers as you shop. And now they are more ambitious and positioned to have an even bigger impact in the future by building out new businesses for Capital One.
This leader will have a strong bias towards action as a means of proving out and refining product design strategy. This requires a sense of innovation discipline, a well-above-average ability to know why, when, and what to research, prototype, pilot, and pivot, and the ability to reach that shared understanding with product and technology partners. When success is judged by the ability to contribute net-new value to customers and the business, you must be a design leader that's brings a fresh perspective to our space yet can learn the economics that drives the market; that plays a strong voice in what will and (especially!) won't work for customers; has a thirst for learning how Capital One works; and experience working within tight cross-functional teams to deliver results.
You'll lead a set of small design teams across a portfolio of products to co-develop customer insights, product design strategy, and deliver newly designed experiences—most often all at once and within the same design teams. You'll report to the Head of Enterprise Design, who share's the responsibility with you of planning our strategies for talent, funding, partnering, and direction within the overall ONE Design organization and the integrated system of experiences it intends to create to improve the lives of our customers.
* Lead a diverse group of designers to partner in the creation and scaling of a portfolio of new Capital One products focusing on payments, identity, authentication, and more
* Be the go-to partner in Design for the product leaders of Commerce and Identity. You will be sought out participate in forming and reforming strategy and execution plans
* Prioritize design efforts and design investments within the portfolio of digital products, consulting on and aligning with the needs of product partners
* Guide and grow the design leaders within each design team that reports to you, enabling them to scale and create value through the products they deliver with their team and partners
* Shape the budgets, roles, hiring strategies, and talent plans for your design teams
* Partner with Design Directors across key parts of Capital One to seek out and shape integrated experience that connect more parts of our customers' needs and experiences
* Be a liaison to design leadership in Capital One Labs, aware of new and emerging insights and technology
* Bachelor's degree
* At least 10 years of professional experience designing digital products
* At least 5 years of experience managing a team of designers
* Experience in design thinking/ human centered design
* Demonstrated experience building relationships and influencing at the executive level
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.