Amazon's mission is to be 'Earth's most customer-centric company', and our award-winning Customer Service (CS) team is an essential part of that mission. The CS Product and Technology organization powers CS by developing the products and capabilities that are both Customer and Customer Service Associate (CSA) facing. Some of these products are used by millions of Amazon customers every day on Amazon's websites, shopping apps, and Amazon's family of digital products such as Kindle, Echo and Alexa, enabling them to self-service. Some are used by tens of thousands of CSAs and enabling them to serve our customers, who contact Amazon via phone, chat or e-mail.
With Amazon's incredibly fast growth and diversifying business, the ability to significantly improve our customer self-service experience and to quickly and efficiently scale our operations are essential. To accomplish that, we are constantly evolving and innovating the Customer Service products and capabilities. We have a very ambitious agenda to significantly simplify and improve our products by innovative and flexible technology, Human Centered Design, Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Speech Analytics, thus flexibly adapting to our growing and expanding business.
CS Product Management Team is looking for a Technical Product Manager who is going to work across CS Technical Development, Operations, Machine Learning, UX Design and other CS Business Verticals (e.g. Digital, Shipping and Delivery Services) to define and execute our technical roadmap for our new contact handling vision. You will be part of a Global Product Management team whose innovations and strategies will influence how we hire, train and utilize CSAs and will define their ability to deliver low-effort solutions to customers globally. You will partner with teams of software development engineers, machine learning scientists, data scientists, UX designers and researchers to create and execute joint strategies and roadmaps.You will identify synergies between the customer and CSA facing servicing products and build technical solutions that will power all of these products and help them scale ahead of the pace of Amazon Business Growth.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 5 years of relevant work experience in internet-related technical product management in a software applications environment.
• Proficient knowledge of Product Management principles and processes.
• Experience developing internet products and technologies.
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• Strong knowledge of Scrum Agile methodology.
• Strong organizational and people skills, successful track record of coordinating between multiple project stakeholders, technical program managers, and software development teams.
• Ability to deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; think abstractly; learn, adapt and innovate.
• Proven track record of learning by quick experimentation (and sometimes failure), and then scaling
• Proven track record of strong delivery of results by working both independently and collaboratively with global teams as appropriate
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Agile certification.
• Experience as a software developer.
• Master's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related technical discipline.
• Experience with Customer Data Security concepts and technologies.